Placement and Admissions Process
All referrals to the school will be discussed and agreed collectively with the Head of Service for Branas, the Clinical Operations Manager, the Executive Headteacher for Branas School and the Registered Managers for the home that the young person will attend. The suitability of the referral will be discussed and a decision will be made whether or not to offer a place at the residential setting within Branas Isaf and subsequently to the school.
In order to draw up the most suitable plan, the Executive Headteacher will contact the previous educational setting and the placing Local Authority to request the following documents:
- Outcomes from end of Key Stage testing
- Statement of Educational Needs or Education, Health and Care plan or IDP – if one exists
- Individual Education Plan (IEP)
- Personal Education Plan (PEP)
- School reports
- Educational Psychology reports
- ALN information especially regarding JCQ applications for access arrangements
- Courses and qualification pathways that the young person has begun in their previous setting
- Qualifications and awards already completed
- Risk Assessment completed in discussion with previous educational setting.